2009-09-11 02:59:48

by John Ranson

Subject: Differences between wireless-testing and mainline

Is there a good way to keep track of the differences between the
mainline kernel and wireless testing? I'm running wireless testing to
minimize firmware errors with my iwl4965 card. When mainline
incorporates the code that I'm running, I would like to switch back.

John

2009-09-11 04:33:03

by Pavel Roskin

Quoting John Ranson <[email protected]>:

> Is there a good way to keep track of the differences between the
> mainline kernel and wireless testing? I'm running wireless testing to
> minimize firmware errors with my iwl4965 card. When mainline
> incorporates the code that I'm running, I would like to switch back.

git whatchanged wireless-testing/base..wireless-testing/master

wireless-testing/base is usually the latest release or release
candidate from the mainline.

If you want a better granularity, e.g. you are ready to switch to the
mainline before rc1, you'll need to track the mainline and look for
the patches you care about.

You can also pick up the patches you need from wireless-testing and
apply them to the mainline repository. If you do it with STGit, it
will tell you that the patches have been merged by telling you that
the local patches have become empty after the update.

Pavel Roskin