2010-06-10 13:03:21

by Thomas Fjellstrom

Subject: Support for the Linksys WUSB300N?

I have recently acquired a WUSB300N, and was wondering what the status is on
linux support for this device.

It's chipset (Marvell 88w8362) seems to be supported, but over PCI/PCIe only
so far. Is anyone working on USB variants? I'm willing to help test anything
anyone might be working on.

Thanks

--
Thomas Fjellstrom

by John W. Linville

Subject: Re: Support for the Linksys WUSB300N?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 06:53:48AM -0600, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I have recently acquired a WUSB300N, and was wondering what the status is on
> linux support for this device.
>
> It's chipset (Marvell 88w8362) seems to be supported, but over PCI/PCIe only
> so far. Is anyone working on USB variants? I'm willing to help test anything
> anyone might be working on.

I'm not aware of anything in progress for this. :-( In fact, even the
PCI variant seems to mostly be getting random maintenance (e.g. API
changes) from the community rather than any support from Marvell.

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2010-06-10 18:04:14

by Thomas Fjellstrom

On June 10, 2010, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 06:53:48AM -0600, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > I have recently acquired a WUSB300N, and was wondering what the status
> > is on linux support for this device.
> >
> > It's chipset (Marvell 88w8362) seems to be supported, but over PCI/PCIe
> > only so far. Is anyone working on USB variants? I'm willing to help
> > test anything anyone might be working on.
>
> I'm not aware of anything in progress for this. :-( In fact, even the
> PCI variant seems to mostly be getting random maintenance (e.g. API
> changes) from the community rather than any support from Marvell.
>
> John

Thats too bad. Well I did get the thing for free. So theres noone at all
working on this chipset specifically? Is there any information/documentation
available? It might be interesting to see if I can manage to hack something
together (total kernel programming n00b, but I do C relatively well).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
[email protected]