2010-08-23 09:36:19

by garkein

Subject: 11h frequency change support in iwlwifi?

Hello,

I would like to know whether the client side support for 11h frequency change on radar detection is supported in the iwlwifi driver (and/or mac80211 if relevant).

I've learned that there is some kind of protocol with which the AP tells all clients about a radar related frequency change, which allow the clients to seamlessly follow the AP to the new channel.

Apparently this is either not supported or working in Linux/iwlwifi as my 5100agn repeatedly just looses the AP if that changes the channel due to radar instead of seamlessly following it. (which is bad, no fun if the client looses internet ;-))

That why I'm asking whether this currently supported in iwlwifi/Linux and if so, what debug flags I should switch on to gain some more information on what might be going wrong.

Regards,
Daniel

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

2010-08-23 14:41:37

by garkein

> CC: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Betreff: Re: 11h frequency change support in iwlwifi?

> On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 02:36 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to know whether the client side support for 11h frequency
> change on radar detection is supported in the iwlwifi driver (and/or
> mac80211 if relevant).
> >
> > I've learned that there is some kind of protocol with which the AP tells
> all clients about a radar related frequency change, which allow the
> clients to seamlessly follow the AP to the new channel.
> >
> > Apparently this is either not supported or working in Linux/iwlwifi as
> my 5100agn repeatedly just looses the AP if that changes the channel due to
> radar instead of seamlessly following it. (which is bad, no fun if the
> client looses internet ;-))
> >
> > That why I'm asking whether this currently supported in iwlwifi/Linux
> and if so, what debug flags I should switch on to gain some more information
> on what might be going wrong.
> >

> Channel switch is supported in iwlwifi, what version of kernel you are
> using, this feature was introduce no too long ago. Please use
> debug=0x10000003 to debug any issue.
>
> Thanks
> Wey

I'm using 2.6.35.2 currently. I'll try to make some traces tonight.

Daniel

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

2010-08-23 14:09:34

by Wey-Yi Guy