2011-05-26 08:09:46

by Antonio Quartulli

Subject: ieee80211_ptr and pre-cfg80211 drivers

Hell everyone,

I'm currenctly writing a little program that have to do some stuff with
a wireless card. Actually I need to understand whether a struct
net_device is associated to a wireless card or not.

Someone suggested me to check for net_device->ieee80211_ptr != NULL.
If so, I can assume the device is a wireless card. But can I also assume
the opposite? I mean, if ieee80211_ptr == NULL can I be sure the device
is not wireless?

Digging into the kernel code it seems to me that pre-cfg80211 drivers
doesn't handle such field.

Do you have any suggestion how I can solve this problem?

Thank you.

Antonio Quartulli

..each of us alone is worth nothing..
Ernesto "Che" Guevara