2012-07-07 12:45:29

by CaT

Subject: wireless card losing connectivity/traffic passing ability

Been getting this for a long while now but today it got to the point where
I gave up and plugged in an ethernet cable. Normally it eventually recovers
after I toggle the wireless on/off switch on my laptop. This time it would
only do so for a brief moment.

Currently running 3.4.4 but, as stated, this has been happening for a very
long time. The dmesg is attached and there's even a kernel trace in there.

The effect is that even though NetworkManager detects the card and gives
signal strength and thinks there's a connection, no traffic makes it through.
The other thing that happens is that the connection drops out and it fails
to reconnect completely.

Happy to answer all questions and try stuff. Laptop involved is an x220
and the card is:

03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (rev 34)

The kernel is monolithic.

--
"A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.04 kB)
meh (118.01 kB)