2012-08-24 23:35:55

by Jonathan Nieder

Subject: Re: Relatively minor Atheros AR242x wireless card light flickering issue with Linux kernel 2.6.32 to 3.5.2 (ath5k driver)

Hi again,

Deniz Akcal wrote:

> I think the pattern is that when the data
> transfers through the wireless card (such as by going to the
> internet), it activates the flicker when the colour is blue for a
> long time and if it’s already flickering then, it increases the
> rate of the flickering.

Thanks. Quick questions:

Is this behavior expected or unexpected? What led you to report it as
a bug? Is it desirable or undesirable? Have you been having other
problems with the ath5k driver?

In principle an LED indicating the rx/tx rate could be a nice thing,
but if it is distracting or counterintuitive or related to other
problems then not so much. Hence the question.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan

2012-08-25 11:23:46

by Adrian Chadd

Hi,

So there's a hardware MAC LED blink thing that can be done. You may be
seeing that enabled by default.

Adrian