2012-12-30 14:51:58

by Forest Bond

Subject: Re: vt6656 use

Hi Otavio,

Sorry for the delayed response.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 05:53:00PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> I've been trying to use the adapter without success; it seems to not
> scan the network for the available APs. I am using v3.4.22 kernel and
> I have include the vntconfigration.dat in /etc.
>
> The system seem right and I see no errors in dmesg. Do you have any clue?
>
> Thanks in advance by any help,

I have not used this driver in a few years now, so I don't think I can help.

Is this on a 64 bit system? There are known issues with 64 bit.

Malcolm Priestley (CC'd) has been doing a lot of work on this driver lately. I
believe he's resolved the 64 bit issues (thanks Malcolm!). Maybe if he has time
he can offer some help.

Otherwise, I suggest following up on the linux-wireless mailing list (also
Cc'd). While the linux-wireless devs in general will not be interested in
supporting a staging driver, you might find other users that are having some
success with the driver and can offer some advice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond
http://www.alittletooquiet.net

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.11 kB)
signature.asc (198.00 B)
Digital signature

by Otavio Salvador

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Forest Bond
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Otavio,
>
> Sorry for the delayed response.

No problem; holidays, food, beer, ... all more atractive than mailing lists ;-)

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 05:53:00PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> I've been trying to use the adapter without success; it seems to not
>> scan the network for the available APs. I am using v3.4.22 kernel and
>> I have include the vntconfigration.dat in /etc.
>>
>> The system seem right and I see no errors in dmesg. Do you have any clue?
>>
>> Thanks in advance by any help,
>
> I have not used this driver in a few years now, so I don't think I can help.
>
> Is this on a 64 bit system? There are known issues with 64 bit.

No it is not. It is a 32 bit system running in a Geode LX.

> Malcolm Priestley (CC'd) has been doing a lot of work on this driver lately. I
> believe he's resolved the 64 bit issues (thanks Malcolm!). Maybe if he has time
> he can offer some help.
>
> Otherwise, I suggest following up on the linux-wireless mailing list (also
> Cc'd). While the linux-wireless devs in general will not be interested in
> supporting a staging driver, you might find other users that are having some
> success with the driver and can offer some advice.

Me too; let's see if someone can help with it :-)

Regards (and Happy 2013),

--
Otavio Salvador O.S. Systems
E-mail: [email protected] http://www.ossystems.com.br