2013-05-31 09:31:11

by Geert Uytterhoeven

Subject: cw1200 "sbus" conflicts with SPARC "sbus"

sparc64/allmodconfig:

drivers/net/wireless/cw1200/hwio.c:51:21: error: macro "sbus_memcpy_fromio" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
drivers/net/wireless/cw1200/hwio.c:66:19: error: macro "sbus_memcpy_toio" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3

http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/8846508/

At first I thought it was a bad/old implementation of a real SPARC sbus
driver. but it seems the two sbusses are completely unrelated.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

-- Linus Torvalds

2013-05-31 12:06:04

by Solomon Peachy

Subject: Re: cw1200 "sbus" conflicts with SPARC "sbus"

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:31:05AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> sparc64/allmodconfig:
>
> drivers/net/wireless/cw1200/hwio.c:51:21: error: macro "sbus_memcpy_fromio" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
> drivers/net/wireless/cw1200/hwio.c:66:19: error: macro "sbus_memcpy_toio" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 3
>
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/8846508/
>
> At first I thought it was a bad/old implementation of a real SPARC sbus
> driver. but it seems the two sbusses are completely unrelated.

Yikes.

Would it be sufficient to just rename that pair of macros, or should I
go and rename entire cw1200's "bus" subsystem?

Either way, I'll add this to the to-do list for the weekend.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL ^^ (mail/jabber) ^^

(No filename) (902.00 B)
(No filename) (190.00 B)
Download all attachments