2013-08-28 12:22:08

by Marc Murphy

Subject: RE: 802.11p

Doh ! updated now.

I have had a read through the docs but there is no direct reference to 802.11p. I initially want to have a play with a couple of embedded units that I have to see if I cant send a message from one to the other but struggling to find any updated ath5 driver.

Thanks
Marc

From: Sedat Dilek [[email protected]]
Sent: 28 August 2013 12:23
To: Marc Murphy
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re:

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Marc Murphy <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been trawling the mailings and lots of people are asking about 802.11p and I have not managed to find a definitive push back to the mainline kernel.

Hi,

first of all, you should set a "subject" to your email request :-).

I cannot say much about 802.11p, but for first informations I
recommend the wiki at <http://wireless.kernel.org> and have a look
into docs section.

For faster replies you can join #linux-wireless IRC channel (Freenode).

- Sedat -

> Is there anywhere in particular that I need to be looking to be able to get the patches so I can have a play ?
>
> Thanks
> Marc--

by Simon Wunderlich

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 03:57:59PM +0000, Marc Murphy wrote:
> Yes I saw that post but no response, it was 6 weeks ago.
> I have had more success finding the source used for the GCDC and looking to see how different it is from the mainline kernel drivers.
>
> Next is to find an Atheros USB 802.11a stick to do some tests with.

If you want to use the GCDC patchset, use some Atheros Mini-PCI hardware. I'd doubt that these patches
will work with anything different from ath5k. :)

Cheers,
Simon

Attachments:
(No filename) (498.00 B)
signature.asc (198.00 B)
Digital signature

by Sedat Dilek

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Marc Murphy <[email protected]> wrote:
> Doh ! updated now.
>
> I have had a read through the docs but there is no direct reference to 802.11p. I initially want to have a play with a couple of embedded units that I have to see if I cant send a message from one to the other but struggling to find any updated ath5 driver.

A few weeks ago someone asked about that constellation, check for
"802.11p and ath5k v3.10-rc1" thread on linux-wireless ML.

- Sedat -

> Thanks
> Marc

by Marc Murphy