2014-10-14 16:52:47

by Julian Wollrath

Subject: iwlwif: traces and microcode sw error on 3.16.5, Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205

Hi,

I got several microcode sw errors and traces with 3.16.5. I attached
the log and the output of lspci. In the traces it is mentioned, that
the kernel version is 3.16.5+, but I can assure you, that it is plain
3.16.5 but somehow a false version got assigned, when I compiled from
git.

If you need more information, please do not hesitate to ask.

With best regards,
Julian Wollrath

Attachments:
(No filename) (386.00 B)
lspci-nn (2.03 kB)
syslog (277.00 kB)

by Emmanuel Grumbach

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Julian Wollrath <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got several microcode sw errors and traces with 3.16.5. I attached
> the log and the output of lspci. In the traces it is mentioned, that
> the kernel version is 3.16.5+, but I can assure you, that it is plain
> 3.16.5 but somehow a false version got assigned, when I compiled from
> git.
>
> If you need more information, please do not hesitate to ask.

This is clearly a firmware issue - the firmware doesn't reply to a
command sent by the driver. Unfortunately, we don't have firmware
support for this type of devices.