2015-01-07 18:04:03

by Richard Guy Briggs

Subject: NetDev 0.1 Deadline Extension(Jan 24) and Talk Summary

Fellow netheads:

Due to several submitter requests we would like to accomodate, we have extended
the proposal submission deadline to Jan 24. https://netdev01.org/cfp

A reminder that the Westin Hotel is holding a block of rooms for Netdev01 at a
guaranteed rate of $159.00 or $179.00 (depending on the type of room required)
and the rooms are going fast due to Winterlude bookings. That guarantee
expires on January 23, so book now to avoid disappointment and get the low
rate. The rooms are going faster than we expected!
Reservations: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=1412035802&key=1AC9C1F8

Here is a post-holiday update of the activity so far in NetDev 0.1 you may have
missed if you aren't following the RSS feed or twitter:

Confirmed keynote speaker:
==========================
David S. Miller - The Current State of Linux kernel Networking.

Accepted talks: (All listed: https://www.netdev01.org/sessions )
===============
Rocker: switchdev prototyping vehicle
Scott Feldman
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/2

How to not just do a demo with DPDK or Lessons learned making a software dataplane
Stephen Hemminger
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/3

Picking low hanging fruit from the FIB tree
Alexander Duyck
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/4

Rtnetlink dump filtering in the kernel
Roopa Prabhu
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/5

Hardware Switches - The Opensource Approach
Jiri Pirko
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/6

hello UML, meet LibOS and friends - h/w independent unadulterated reuse of Linux kernel networking code in userspace
Hajime Tazaki
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/7

Distributing Linux tc filter-action packet processing across disparate nodes
Jamal Hadi Salim and Damascene M. Joachimpillai
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/9

All About UDP Encapsulation
Tom Herbert
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/11

Accepted workshops:
===================
Wireless Workshop
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/1

Hardware Offloading BoF
https://www.netdev01.org/sessions/10

All of the accepted proposals are new work. A couple of proposals have been
returned for rework prior to acceptance. There are many more excellent
proposals currently making their way through the technical committee vetting
process. The committee has so far been very impressed with the quality of
proposals submitted.

Registration https://onlineregistrations.ca/netdev01/
$100/day, or $350 for 4 days (Cdn dollars). (online reg closes Feb 12th)
Registering helps us plan properly for numbers of attendees,
ensuring venue sizes and supplies are appropriate without
wasting resources.

Travel advice: https://netdev01.org/travel

Sponsors: https://netdev01.org/sponsors
Verizon http://www.verizon.com/
Cumulus Networks http://cumulusnetworks.com/
Mojatatu Networks http://mojatatu.com/

THE Technical Conference on Linux Networking, February 14-17, 2015, Ottawa, Canada
https://netdev01.org/

RSS feed: https://netdev01.org/atom
Follow us on Twitter: @netdev01 https://twitter.com/netdev01