2015-07-06 18:47:33

by Salvatore De Paolis

Subject: Problem with firmware, rt2x00

Hi all,

after updating the kernel and udev plus other packages I am not able anymore to let my PCI wireless card
works.

The device is listed as RT2561/RT61 (no rev. B)

After the update when issuing a "up" I get an error like: rt61pci agent aborted rt2561s (not found?)

I have the firmware-ralink and such file is available in /lib/firmware

Monitoring the udev event I can see the action "add" is followed by a "remove".

on my udev rule, 50-firmware.rules I have:

SUBSYSTEM=="firmware" , ACTION=="add", ATTR{loading}="-1"

Anyone has a clue about what could I do to fix this issue?

Best regards,

--
Salvatore

2015-07-06 22:16:16

by Salvatore De Paolis

Subject: Re: Problem with firmware, rt2x00

On Mon, 6 Jul 2015 20:37:38 +0200
Salvatore De Paolis <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after updating the kernel and udev plus other packages I am not able anymore
> to let my PCI wireless card works.
>
> The device is listed as RT2561/RT61 (no rev. B)
>
> After the update when issuing a "up" I get an error like: rt61pci agent
> aborted rt2561s (not found?)
>
> I have the firmware-ralink and such file is available in /lib/firmware
>
> Monitoring the udev event I can see the action "add" is followed by a
> "remove".
>
> on my udev rule, 50-firmware.rules I have:
>
> SUBSYSTEM=="firmware" , ACTION=="add", ATTR{loading}="-1"
>
> Anyone has a clue about what could I do to fix this issue?
>
> Best regards,

Nevermind..I solved it. The upgrade messed up the udev rule and deleted the firmware.agent
binary. I followed this http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/phpBB-static/5/t-4594.html and everything
is fine again.

--
Salvatore