2015-11-23 11:19:08

by Arend van Spriel

Subject: wireless-testing repo

Hi John,

We have been using the wireless-testing repo in our nightly testing and
as such appreciated the on-going support for it. I noticed your
announcement (and misplaced it) and as I prefer to keep the nightly
testing will have to do the work over here. Can you provide details on
what trees are merged into wireless-testing. Is it
wireless-drivers{,-next} and mac80211{,-next} or is there more to
consider. If other people still like this tree I can provide it through
github or so.

Regards,
Arend

2015-11-25 12:25:21

by Bob Copeland

Subject: Re: wireless-testing repo

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:22:56AM +0200, Kalle Valo wrote:
> > But if maintenance becomes a burden there's no reason we couldn't spread
> > the load.
>
> I think it would be a good idea to have a shared "wireless" directory
> for the wireless-testing, similarly like linux-firmware.git has. That
> way the location doesn't change if the maintainer changes or if we have
> more than one maintainer.
>
> And I can act as a backup for Bob whenever he is too busy or offline.

Sounds good to me.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/

2015-11-23 16:15:20

by John W. Linville

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 12:38:29PM +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 11/23/2015 12:31 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:
> >On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 12:19 +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> >>Hi John,
> >>
> >>We have been using the wireless-testing repo in our nightly testing
> >>and as such appreciated the on-going support for it. I noticed your
> >>announcement (and misplaced it) and as I prefer to keep the nightly
> >>testing will have to do the work over here. Can you provide details
> >>on what trees are merged into wireless-testing. Is it
> >>wireless-drivers{,-next} and mac80211{,-next} or is there more to
> >>consider.
> >
> >I believe it was also the latest rc from Linus.
>
> Indeed.

Yes, latest -rc plus those 4 trees is what I have been pulling for
some time. I used to include Bluetooth and NFC, but stopped doing
that early this year.

> >If you're testing with backports you could also use the latest linux-
> >next with a restricted backport - I've added mac80211(-next) to that
> >now.
>
> We have some setups running on wl-testing kernel and some running distro
> kernel using backports.

I believe the Bob Copeland is considering taking on this mantle...

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2015-11-23 11:31:13

by Johannes Berg

On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 12:19 +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> We have been using the wireless-testing repo in our nightly testing
> and as such appreciated the on-going support for it. I noticed your
> announcement (and misplaced it) and as I prefer to keep the nightly
> testing will have to do the work over here. Can you provide details
> on what trees are merged into wireless-testing. Is it
> wireless-drivers{,-next} and mac80211{,-next} or is there more to
> consider.

I believe it was also the latest rc from Linus.

If you're testing with backports you could also use the latest linux-
next with a restricted backport - I've added mac80211(-next) to that
now.

johannes

2015-11-23 11:38:31

by Arend van Spriel

On 11/23/2015 12:31 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 12:19 +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> We have been using the wireless-testing repo in our nightly testing
>> and as such appreciated the on-going support for it. I noticed your
>> announcement (and misplaced it) and as I prefer to keep the nightly
>> testing will have to do the work over here. Can you provide details
>> on what trees are merged into wireless-testing. Is it
>> wireless-drivers{,-next} and mac80211{,-next} or is there more to
>> consider.
>
> I believe it was also the latest rc from Linus.

Indeed.

> If you're testing with backports you could also use the latest linux-
> next with a restricted backport - I've added mac80211(-next) to that
> now.

We have some setups running on wl-testing kernel and some running distro
kernel using backports.

Regards,
Arend

2015-11-23 16:46:42

by Bob Copeland

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:02:00AM -0500, John W. Linville wrote:
> > We have some setups running on wl-testing kernel and some running distro
> > kernel using backports.
>
> I believe the Bob Copeland is considering taking on this mantle...

"a" Bob Copeland :)

Yeah, I would be game for maintaining this for a while -- I've scripted
a bit of it and have a practice tree over here, although of course it
should be on kernel.org when for reals:

https://github.com/bcopeland/wireless-testing-testing

But if maintenance becomes a burden there's no reason we couldn't spread
the load.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/

2015-11-25 09:23:04