2016-02-28 19:53:22

by Daniel Exner

Subject: Support P2P mode for Intel 6235 ?

Hi,

(Please keep my CC as I'm currently not subscribed)

my Ultrabook uses this chip for Wifi:
>Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (rev 24)

>From the specs I found it supports WiDi and thus should support P2P
mode.

Unfortunately the wireless Wiki says "P2P (on devices driven by
iwlmvm)" and querying the device it does not advertise P2P
capability.

Is there any chance this device might gain P2P support in the future?

Greetings
Daniel

2016-02-28 20:19:36

by Emmanuel Grumbach

Subject: Re: Support P2P mode for Intel 6235 ?

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Daniel Exner <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> From the specs I found it supports WiDi and thus should support P2P
> mode.

On Windows.

> Unfortunately the wireless Wiki says "P2P (on devices driven by
> iwlmvm)" and querying the device it does not advertise P2P
> capability.
>
> Is there any chance this device might gain P2P support in the future?

If you implement it :)
Realistically, that won't happen.