2016-08-02 15:13:20

by Jake Edge

Subject: Wireless Workshop accepted into the 2016 Linux Kernel Summit and Linux Plumbers Conference

It might well be that wireless networking recently made the transition
from an ubiquitous networking technology to the dominant networking
technology, at least from the viewpoint of end-user devices. Part of
this trend is the use of wireless in automobiles, and this workshop
will look at Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE),
also know as IEEE 802.11p. In addition, the bufferbloat problem [1]
is starting to focus on the more difficult wireless environment, and to
that end, this workshop will discuss FQ/Codel [2] integration, testing,
and development. As usual, the workshop will encompass the full 802.11
stack, not just the kernel portions, and therefore wpa_supplicant [3]
will also be on the agenda.

Please join us for a timely and important discussion [4]!

KS [5] will be held October 31-November 1 and LPC [6] will be held
November 1-4, both in Santa Fe, New Mexico, US.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufferbloat
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoDel
[3] https://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/
[4] http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2016:wireless
[5] https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linux-kernel-summit
[6] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2016/

2016-08-09 06:31:08

by Johannes Berg

> Please consider adding yourself, I have a number of free/reduced
> passes to hand out so I'll assign those maybe next week. You do need
> to be registered for LPC, which is currently closed for
> registrations, but I'm trying to see if we can get reservations or
> maybe workshop-only tickets.

Instead of that, we also have some reserved passes at a full rate now.

Please make plans as soon as you can, if you intend to participate.

I want to hand those out (getting the names to the LPC committee)
before full registration opens on August 27th. First come first serve,
since I don't have a better mechanism.

johannes

2016-08-09 06:35:56

by Johannes Berg

On Tue, 2016-08-09 at 08:31 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

> Please make plans as soon as you can [...]

To clarify - I'm not asking you to book travel right now now, but be
reasonably sure that you'll be able to attend *and tell me* (or add
yourself to the wiki page), so that I can sort out the registration
situation.

johannes

2016-08-24 06:05:19

by Johannes Berg

Last call!

No, not really, but I need to get the list of reserved passes to the
LPC committee very soon. I've also more or less run out of them.

If anyone else is wishing to attend, please remember to sign up for LPC
as soon as it opens next Monday, only a limited number of slots will be
available.

If you need any help don't hesitate to email me.

johannes

2016-08-04 17:33:02

by Johannes Berg

> Please join us for a timely and important discussion [4]!
>
> KS [5] will be held October 31-November 1 and LPC [6] will be held
> November 1-4, both in Santa Fe, New Mexico, US.

The workshop is going to be on November 1st, the combined day.

I've put up a new wiki page here:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/summits/santa-fe-2016

Please consider adding yourself, I have a number of free/reduced passes
to hand out so I'll assign those maybe next week. You do need to be
registered for LPC, which is currently closed for registrations, but
I'm trying to see if we can get reservations or maybe workshop-only
tickets.

Please add yourself if you are considering attending, so I can get a
better idea of the numbers.

johannes