2017-03-01 14:16:19

by Bob Copeland

Subject: Deleting old wireless-testing tags

Hi all,

wireless-testing will resume again next week when the merge window opens,
and with 203 w-t tags since I started maintaining it a little over a year
ago, it's about time for some house-keeping. I plan to delete some of the
older tags in the kernel.org copy.

Before I do so, quick straw poll of anyone using this kernel: are there
specific tags I should keep, or any specific time period I should keep them
around?

E.g. I believe lede/openwrt are using compat-wireless builds generated from
wireless-testing; it might be worth retaining those particular tags just for
reference. I guess a few folks may be using it as a development tree and
would want a couple of kernel release cycles maintained, and so on.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/