2012-11-12 20:37:59

by Harshal Chhaya

Subject: Looking for WiFi + BT combo cards

I am looking for WiFi + BT combo products/chipsets with a USB
interface that are supported by compat-wireless.

I want to add wireless capabilities (both WiFi and Bluetooth) to an
existing device that's running Linux. This device has a couple of USB
ports.

I have found a few WiFi-only products but haven't found combo products.

If you know of any such network adapters, please let me know.

Thanks,
- Harshal

2012-11-13 06:54:14

by Sujith Manoharan

Harshal Chhaya wrote:
> I am looking for WiFi + BT combo products/chipsets with a USB
> interface that are supported by compat-wireless.
>
> I want to add wireless capabilities (both WiFi and Bluetooth) to an
> existing device that's running Linux. This device has a couple of USB
> ports.
>
> I have found a few WiFi-only products but haven't found combo products.
>
> If you know of any such network adapters, please let me know.

ath9k_htc supports WB193 which is a WLAN+BT combo device (USB). I am not sure
if these cards can be bought online. Coexistence has been enabled for this
card, but I don't think that performance would be anything to brag about.

Sujith