2020-12-01 09:54:56

by Sven Eckelmann

Subject: ath10k: Missing airtime scheduler parts

Hi,

I was asked what parts are currently missing for (a better) airtime fairness
with ath10k. I know that the AQL were merged and enabled for ath10k (and
mt76). But there was also the virtual time-based airtime scheduler [1] which
was proposed. I think the development on that one didn't continue since last
year.

Maybe someone else knows if there were some other parts worked on which I've
am missed and which were not yet merged.

Kind regards,
Sven

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/ath10k/cover/[email protected]/

Attachments:
signature.asc (849.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.

2020-12-01 11:00:40

by Toke Høiland-Jørgensen

Subject: Re: ath10k: Missing airtime scheduler parts

Sven Eckelmann <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was asked what parts are currently missing for (a better) airtime fairness
> with ath10k. I know that the AQL were merged and enabled for ath10k (and
> mt76). But there was also the virtual time-based airtime scheduler [1] which
> was proposed. I think the development on that one didn't continue since last
> year.

I did recently rebase that patch to the current mac80211-next, actually.
Sent it off to Felix for some testing, but if you wan to give it a go I
can post it to the list as well :)

> Maybe someone else knows if there were some other parts worked on
> which I've am missed and which were not yet merged.

I don't think there have been any other patches being actively worked
on, but I seem to recall something about AQL (partly?) breaking airtime
fairness because the scheduler only keeps fairness between stations that
are actually scheduled, and AQL interrupting that...

-Toke

2020-12-01 11:05:05

by Sven Eckelmann

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I will forward the information.

On Tuesday, 1 December 2020 11:56:57 CET Toke H?iland-J?rgensen wrote:
> I did recently rebase that patch to the current mac80211-next, actually.
> Sent it off to Felix for some testing, but if you wan to give it a go I
> can post it to the list as well

Thank you for the offer. But I doubt that I will find time for it before next
year.

Kind regards,
Sven

Attachments:
signature.asc (849.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.

2020-12-01 13:03:42

by Toke Høiland-Jørgensen

Sven Eckelmann <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the reply. I will forward the information.
>
> On Tuesday, 1 December 2020 11:56:57 CET Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> I did recently rebase that patch to the current mac80211-next, actually.
>> Sent it off to Felix for some testing, but if you wan to give it a go I
>> can post it to the list as well
>
> Thank you for the offer. But I doubt that I will find time for it
> before next year.

Alright, fair enough; I'll give Felix a chance to test it first, then... :)

-Toke