2010-04-09 10:03:39

by Joerg

Subject: ath9k/mac80211 and 802.11n in IBSS mode

Hello all,
the Atheros Windows drivers provide an option to enable 802.11n mode
for IBSS networks. I did not find any information in this regard for
mac80211 based drivers. So, is this supported and how would I enable
this feature? And, btw. what exactly would this mean?
Joerg

Sie sind Spam leid? Yahoo! Mail verf?gt ?ber einen herausragenden Schutz gegen Massenmails.
http://mail.yahoo.com

2010-04-12 06:39:40

by Holger Schurig

Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] ath9k/mac80211 and 802.11n in IBSS mode

> Exactly :-). I need to dig into iw source code and understand a bit of
> nl80211 before...

It's not that difficult: use "git log" to look after a patch that added
something interesting to iw as well. The "git show" that patch. Now you'll
find out which places to patch.

Adding nl80211-stuff to the kernel involves much dumb boilerplate!

--
http://www.holgerschurig.de

2010-04-09 14:17:38

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: ath9k/mac80211 and 802.11n in IBSS mode

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 03:03 -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> Hello all,
> the Atheros Windows drivers provide an option to enable 802.11n mode
> for IBSS networks. I did not find any information in this regard for
> mac80211 based drivers. So, is this supported and how would I enable
> this feature? And, btw. what exactly would this mean?

Benoit was working on this, but his last patchset missed the ability to
actually configure this when requesting an IBSS join.

johannes

2010-04-09 20:38:08

by Benoit Papillault

Johannes Berg a ?crit :
> On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 03:03 -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> the Atheros Windows drivers provide an option to enable 802.11n mode
>> for IBSS networks. I did not find any information in this regard for
>> mac80211 based drivers. So, is this supported and how would I enable
>> this feature? And, btw. what exactly would this mean?
>>

> Benoit was working on this, but his last patchset missed the ability to
> actually configure this when requesting an IBSS join.
>
> johannes

Exactly :-). I need to dig into iw source code and understand a bit of
nl80211 before...
There was some problem with rate control as well that might be fixed by
minstrel_ht as well.

Regards,
Benoit