2009-09-07 21:36:56

by Luis R. Rodriguez

Subject: Re: compat-wireless-old for ARM

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:39 AM, AMAR SAHUKAR<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>          I wanted to know the procedure to follow for installing
> compat-wireless-old on ARM platform. I am using a Netgear WG111V3 usb dongle
> which uses a rtl8187 chipset. I will be pleased if you can help me with
> this.

compat-wireless-old has not been updated for ages. Today is possible
to bring compat-wireless (instead of compat-wireless-old) down to
older kernels we previously could not since we no longer are using the
netdevice multiqueue support. I was able to bring compat-wireless down
to 2.6.25 -- at least compile-wise, there is also code present to help
bring it down to older kernels, we just need someone to test/help
finish the rest.

Luis

2009-09-08 06:42:11

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Marcel<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello Luis,
>        Do you think it should be viable to bring it down to kernel 2.6.22
> using armeb?

What's armeb?

It should be possible for sure to bring it down to even 2.6.21, maybe
even more. There is already code for 2.6.21..2.6.24, the gaps are all
that just need to be accounted for as well as testing.

>        If so, I can help to test since I am very interested in ath5k.

Great!

Luis

2009-09-08 06:03:56

by Marcel

Hello Luis,
Do you think it should be viable to bring it down to kernel 2.6.22
using armeb?
If so, I can help to test since I am very interested in ath5k.
Regards
Marcel