2007-10-21 11:36:26

by Michael Büsch

Subject: reading/writing zd1211 eeprom

I'd like to read/modify the eeprom of my zd stick.
Do you have software to do so? If not, any advice on how
this has to be done? I'd write the necessary driver patches,
if you just tell me how the eeprom is accessed.

Thanks.

--
Greetings Michael.

2007-10-21 17:35:48

by Michael Büsch

Subject: Re: reading/writing zd1211 eeprom

On Sunday 21 October 2007 18:15:08 Daniel Drake wrote:
> Michael Buesch wrote:
> > I'd like to read/modify the eeprom of my zd stick.
> > Do you have software to do so? If not, any advice on how
> > this has to be done? I'd write the necessary driver patches,
> > if you just tell me how the eeprom is accessed.
>
> Yep, zd1211memtool.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=129083&package_id=238745
>
> Usual precautions apply: you could easily break your device, and this
> code isn't very widely tested (but it works for me).

Nice, thanks.

Do you also have this in some git repository?

--
Greetings Michael.

2007-10-21 18:00:05

by Daniel Drake

Michael Buesch wrote:
> Nice, thanks.
>
> Do you also have this in some git repository?

Yep, not a very interesting one though.
http://dsd.object4.net/git/zd1211memtool.git
http://dsd.object4.net/git/?p=zd1211memtool.git;a=summary

Daniel

2007-10-21 16:14:36

by Daniel Drake

Michael Buesch wrote:
> I'd like to read/modify the eeprom of my zd stick.
> Do you have software to do so? If not, any advice on how
> this has to be done? I'd write the necessary driver patches,
> if you just tell me how the eeprom is accessed.

Yep, zd1211memtool.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=129083&package_id=238745

Usual precautions apply: you could easily break your device, and this
code isn't very widely tested (but it works for me).

Daniel

2007-10-21 18:44:19

by Michael Büsch

On Sunday 21 October 2007 20:00:38 Daniel Drake wrote:
> Michael Buesch wrote:
> > Nice, thanks.
> >
> > Do you also have this in some git repository?
>
> Yep, not a very interesting one though.
> http://dsd.object4.net/git/zd1211memtool.git
> http://dsd.object4.net/git/?p=zd1211memtool.git;a=summary

mb@powermac:~/develop/git$ git clone http://dsd.object4.net/git/zd1211memtool.git
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

Please make sure .git/hooks/post-update is executable
and you do the initial update-server-info after the initial import.

--
Greetings Michael.

2007-10-21 20:50:49

by Daniel Drake

Michael Buesch wrote:
> mb@powermac:~/develop/git$ git clone http://dsd.object4.net/git/zd1211memtool.git
> Cannot get remote repository information.
> Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?
>
> Please make sure .git/hooks/post-update is executable
> and you do the initial update-server-info after the initial import.

fixed