2009-10-12 09:35:30

by Joerg

Subject: 802.11: Throughput optimization beyond rate selection

Hello all,
the throughput achieved over a wireless 802.11 network depends on more than the
rate selection. Other parameters are fragmentation threshold, RTS threshold
and the retry limits. Are you aware of a "unified throughput optimization" algorithm
that tries to optimize the whole parameter set instead of just the data rate?

Joerg

2009-10-12 14:01:50

by John W. Linville

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 02:28:07AM -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> Hello all,
> the throughput achieved over a wireless 802.11 network depends on more than the
> rate selection. Other parameters are fragmentation threshold, RTS threshold
> and the retry limits. Are you aware of a "unified throughput optimization" algorithm
> that tries to optimize the whole parameter set instead of just the data rate?

No, do tell...post code as well... :-)

--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.