2009-02-03 13:05:25

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Cardbus wireless cards

Hi,

Some of you know that I got a new laptop, and it doesn't have a cardbus
slot any more. I still have my powerbook, and it's still working fine,
but I'm not using it any more, it hasn't even booted in a month. I could
test on my powerbook, but given my regular time budget it seems unlikely
that I ever will.

Hence, I'm offering my collection of cardbus/pcmcia wireless test cards
to anyone I can afford shipping to.

* Broadcom PCMCIA (not cardbus, in cardbus slot adapter)
requires external single antenna (u.fl, have one if I can find it)
* Airgo-based Belkin F5D8010 ("true MIMO")
* rt61pci (Conceptronic)
* Broadcom 11n (4321)
* acx111 based card (D-Link AirPlus XTreme G+)

I also have a Broadcom 11g (4306 I think, might be 4318) PCI card
somewhere that I will most likely never again have a use for.

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (836.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2009-02-03 18:55:44

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: Cardbus wireless cards

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 19:17 +0100, Gábor Stefanik wrote:

> If Hungary does not fall outside the "anyone I can afford shipping
> to", then I am interested in the acx111 card. Acx-based cards are
> pretty hard to find in Hungary.

Heh, should be fine, send me your address in private.

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (836.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2009-02-03 18:17:56

by Gábor Stefanik

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Johannes Berg <[email protected]=
t> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you know that I got a new laptop, and it doesn't have a cardb=
us
> slot any more. I still have my powerbook, and it's still working fine=
,
> but I'm not using it any more, it hasn't even booted in a month. I co=
uld
> test on my powerbook, but given my regular time budget it seems unlik=
ely
> that I ever will.
>
> Hence, I'm offering my collection of cardbus/pcmcia wireless test car=
ds
> to anyone I can afford shipping to.
>
> * Broadcom PCMCIA (not cardbus, in cardbus slot adapter)
> requires external single antenna (u.fl, have one if I can find it)
> * Airgo-based Belkin F5D8010 ("true MIMO")
> * rt61pci (Conceptronic)
> * Broadcom 11n (4321)
> * acx111 based card (D-Link AirPlus XTreme G+)
>
> I also have a Broadcom 11g (4306 I think, might be 4318) PCI card
> somewhere that I will most likely never again have a use for.
>
> johannes

If Hungary does not fall outside the "anyone I can afford shipping
to", then I am interested in the acx111 card. Acx-based cards are
pretty hard to find in Hungary.

G=E1bor
--=20
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)

2009-03-08 10:42:54

by Johannes Berg

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 11:29 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

> >> I also have a Broadcom 11g (4306 I think, might be 4318) PCI card
> >> somewhere that I will most likely never again have a use for.

> > I'm interested in the PCI card if it's still available.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David Ellingsworth
>
> This card found it's way to me, I do believe. I've almost completed all
> the testing I had planned on using it for. I'd be fine with parting with
> it after I complete my testing.

Correct, the one you have now is the only one I had.

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (836.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2009-03-03 23:03:57

by Pat Erley

David Ellingsworth wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:27:38 -0500, David Ellingsworth
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I'm interested in the PCI card if it's still available.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> David Ellingsworth
>> This card found it's way to me, I do believe. I've almost completed all
>> the testing I had planned on using it for. I'd be fine with parting with
>> it after I complete my testing.
>>
>> Pat Erley
>>

> That's alright.. you can keep it. I'm sure you'll do a lot more
> testing on it then I'll ever get a chance to. I'll look for one
> elsewhere.
>
> Regards,
>
> David Ellingsworth

Aside from periodic AP/Mesh testing, and helping users out now and then, it's
just providing extra heat in my room. If you are working on anything that it
would benefit (open ended offer, don't have to take advantage of it now), I'll
gladly send it your way. I'm amassing a huge stockpile of wireless devices,
so 1 more or less isn't going to kill me.

Pat Erley

2009-03-03 14:35:21

by David Ellingsworth

t> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you know that I got a new laptop, and it doesn't have a cardb=
us
> slot any more. I still have my powerbook, and it's still working fine=
,
> but I'm not using it any more, it hasn't even booted in a month. I co=
uld
> test on my powerbook, but given my regular time budget it seems unlik=
ely
> that I ever will.
>
> Hence, I'm offering my collection of cardbus/pcmcia wireless test car=
ds
> to anyone I can afford shipping to.
>
> * Broadcom PCMCIA (not cardbus, in cardbus slot adapter)
> =A0requires external single antenna (u.fl, have one if I can find it)
> * Airgo-based Belkin F5D8010 ("true MIMO")
> * rt61pci (Conceptronic)
> * Broadcom 11n (4321)
> * acx111 based card (D-Link AirPlus XTreme G+)
>
> I also have a Broadcom 11g (4306 I think, might be 4318) PCI card
> somewhere that I will most likely never again have a use for.
>
> johannes

I'm interested in the PCI card if it's still available.

Regards,

David Ellingsworth

2009-03-03 16:29:33

by Pat Erley

<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.=
net>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some of you know that I got a new laptop, and it doesn't have a card=
bus
>> slot any more. I still have my powerbook, and it's still working fin=
e,
>> but I'm not using it any more, it hasn't even booted in a month. I c=
ould
>> test on my powerbook, but given my regular time budget it seems unli=
kely
>> that I ever will.
>>
>> Hence, I'm offering my collection of cardbus/pcmcia wireless test ca=
rds
>> to anyone I can afford shipping to.
>>
>> * Broadcom PCMCIA (not cardbus, in cardbus slot adapter)
>> =C2=A0requires external single antenna (u.fl, have one if I can find=
it)
>> * Airgo-based Belkin F5D8010 ("true MIMO")
>> * rt61pci (Conceptronic)
>> * Broadcom 11n (4321)
>> * acx111 based card (D-Link AirPlus XTreme G+)
>>
>> I also have a Broadcom 11g (4306 I think, might be 4318) PCI card
>> somewhere that I will most likely never again have a use for.
>>
>> johannes
>>
>=20
> I'm interested in the PCI card if it's still available.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> David Ellingsworth

This card found it's way to me, I do believe. I've almost completed al=
the testing I had planned on using it for. I'd be fine with parting wi=
th
it after I complete my testing.

Pat Erley

2009-03-03 16:59:14