2009-04-25 16:10:03

by Christian Lamparter

Subject: Re: Problem loading ar9170 on an atheros dongle

On Saturday 25 April 2009 17:44:08 Eric Valette wrote:
> Christian Lamparter wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 April 2009 10:09:39 Eric Valette wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've a dongle thta is marked as supported but I cannot get the driver to
> >> load correctly.
> >>
> >> Attached the trace at the end of dmesg. I can try patches add traces, ...
> >>
> >> Thanks for the work on this chipset.
> >>
> > check if your firmware md5sum matches those on our wiki site
> > (see kconfig for link)
>
> No. But down loading again does not change anything.
what a surprise ;)

> Any ftp location rather than via git?
I don't know of any ftp/http mirror, so you want to use git.

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git

will get the whole tree and don't worry it is not that big yet...

Regards,
Chr

2009-04-25 18:03:22

by Eric Valette

Christian Lamparter wrote:

> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git

Thanks. It works now. Will try to create the interfarce pre-up init
script now.

Have a nice week end.

-- eric