2009-10-07 00:22:30

by Luis R. Rodriguez

Subject: Re: [ath5k-devel] Regarding changing channel widthlin

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Nick Kossifidis <[email protected]> wrote:
> Until we have a
> clean way to set this through cfg80211/nl80211 (which is an ongoing
> discussion) we wont support 5/10Mhz operation but you can try and let
> us know.

I believe the cfg80211/nl80211 changes is probably the bulk of the
work that does need to get done. Someone motivated just needs to do
it.

Luis

2009-10-08 18:16:30

by Bob Copeland

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Aditya Bhave <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is there any detailed documentation on the internals of ath5k code?
>
> 1. Description of the data structures
> 2. Flow-diagram of function calls
> 3. What register is used for what aspect of WiFi etc etc

Nope (I think you'll find this is true of most/all drivers).

Most of the intelligence is in the upper layers (mac80211), which are
documented on http://wireless.kernel.org/. Most of the work to enable
it will be in those layers, as Luis said. BTW search the list, several
people have proposed ideas for an infrastructure for channel width
setting.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://www.bobcopeland.com

2009-10-07 02:09:38

by Aditya Bhave

Is there any detailed documentation on the internals of ath5k code?

1. Description of the data structures
2. Flow-diagram of function calls
3. What register is used for what aspect of WiFi etc etc

Thanks
--Aditya