2011-02-12 22:44:07

by Hin-Tak Leung

Subject: Re: Fwd: driver RTL 8187SE

Vinicius Piccoli wrote:
> Dear Larry Finger
>
> Thanks for your original reply and help, below is the reply from
> Realteck support from China, as I not familiar with linux help groups
> and blogs, could you do the favor for others out there and publicize the
> driver....
>
> Dear Leung
>
> I agree with you that no ones privacy should be disturbed by any
> stranger and apologize for that, I would suggest you to take you
> private email out of reach in google, because I have just google
> "rlt8187SE ubuntu" and your email was right there!
> Now.... if you put your private email public, you should expect people
> to sick help eventually!
>
> As per I not being your friend, you also correct so "fuck you"!!!
>
> Regards

The same 8187se driver from Realtek (an older version of it, which had
subsequently been updated from time to time) was committed to the
"driver/staging" directory of the kernel tree starting with 2.6.29. There is
nothing more to do to "publicise the driver". You have been told this at least 4
times, twice from Larry and now twice from me. It is also the same information
you would get from the same source you found our e-mail addresses. You have also
been told, now a 2nd time, that the driver, as well as plenty of tips on build
and configuring, are mentioned and available on various Ubuntu launchpad
bug/enhancement reports, as well as plenty of online resources.

I was asking you to (1) always CC: a relevant mailing list so that answers to
frequent and general open-source issues are kept in the mailing list archive and
available to others, (2) keep your tone appropriate (I am neither your friend,
nor your enemy) for public exchange. You have failed a 2nd time.

You seem to suggest that people who do not like spam should stop using e-mails,
or people who do not like physical contacts by complete strangers should walking
in public places, or should peel off their own skin to remove the trace of
unwanted contacts. It sounds really absurd.