2011-03-12 18:04:26

by Till Kamppeter

Subject: Google Summer of Code 2011 - REMINDER: Please post your projects

Hi,

I have sent out the mentoring organization application for the Linux
Foundation yesterday. To get the best chances to get accepted one should
have many project ideas posted.

Unfortunately, I did not see any ideas posted for the kernel, for
wireless, or for driver backport. Please post your ideas as soon as
possible, so that they get seen by the Google people when evaluating the
mentoring organizations. Post also ideas for which you already have a
student, but tell the student then that he will get the project anyway
and the posting is only for the mentoring organization application.

Below is the link for the central project ideas page. Follow the links
in there to get to your workgroup's page. If you need group membership
for "gsoc", request membership and tell me.

Please forward this mail also to the appropriate people.

Till

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2011

2011-03-12 18:50:12

by Greg KH

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 07:04:20PM +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have sent out the mentoring organization application for the Linux
> Foundation yesterday. To get the best chances to get accepted one
> should have many project ideas posted.
>
> Unfortunately, I did not see any ideas posted for the kernel, for
> wireless, or for driver backport.

As explained many years ago, the kernel doesn't really lend itself to
GSoC projects, so there really isn't anything direct to list, sorry.

But as always, if students show up with valid proposals, I will be glad
to review them and possibly mentor them if needed.

thanks,

greg k-h

2011-03-13 23:56:40

by Nick Kossifidis

2011/3/12 Till Kamppeter <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
> I have sent out the mentoring organization application for the Linux
> Foundation yesterday. To get the best chances to get accepted one should
> have many project ideas posted.
>
> Unfortunately, I did not see any ideas posted for the kernel, for wireless,
> or for driver backport. Please post your ideas as soon as possible, so that
> they get seen by the Google people when evaluating the mentoring
> organizations. Post also ideas for which you already have a student, but
> tell the student then that he will get the project anyway and the posting is
> only for the mentoring organization application.
>
> Below is the link for the central project ideas page. Follow the links in
> there to get to your workgroup's page. If you need group membership for
> "gsoc", request membership and tell me.
>
> Please forward this mail also to the appropriate people.
>
>   Till
>

> https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/google-summer-code-2011

What about 802.11p ? There are some people already working on using
ath5k + 5/10MHz channels for that. I'll ping them in case they are
interested ;-)

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)