2011-04-25 10:15:14

by Andreas Hartmann

Subject: Searching for a good hardware for an AP with hostapd

Hello,

I want to build an own AP with hostapd and therefore I'm searching for
hardware, which supports 801.11n and MIMO. Throughput must be >= 300Mbps
and it should support the frequency bands 2.4 and 5 GHz. It should have
the ability to put the antenna at a place away from the computer (the
antenna shouldn't be fixed on the card itself).

For example, I've got a WUSB600N v2 which unfortunately isn't supported
by nl80211 (it's rt3572 based), which has a cable to place it at a good
place outside the computer.

As atheros seems to be well supported by linux, I would like to buy a
atheros based hardware with the following chips:
atheros ar9380 or ar9390 or ar9392.

Does anybody know of cards with these chips?

Or is there any other hardware, which would meet my requirements?

Thank you for any hint!
Andreas

2011-04-26 18:34:36

by Andreas Hartmann

Mark Davis wrote:
> OxfordTec (http://www.oxfordtec.com/) stocks the SparkLAN WPEA-127N
> full-size Mini PCIe card which sports an AR9380.
>
> Unex also has an AR9390 full-size Mini PCIe card
> (http://www.unex.com.tw/product/dnxa-h1).
>
> -mark

Thanks for your advice - I will have a closer look to it.

I found an interesting site, which lists a lot of wlan devices and there
chipsets and vice verse: http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Main_Page

Andreas