2011-07-16 16:15:18

by wy408

Subject: compat-wireless cross compile

hi,everyone:
i try to cross compile ath5k of compat-wireless for mips.
i use
make
KLIB=/mnt/sda3/linux-kernel
KLIB_BUILD=/mnt/sda3/linux-kernel

but errors:

config.mk:26:*****missing "endif"........

i used compat-wireless 2.6.38 39 37 ,and error again.

looking forward for your help.

2011-07-18 16:00:30

by Pavel Roskin

Subject: Re: compat-wireless cross compile

On 07/16/2011 11:54 AM, wy408 wrote:
> hi,everyone:
> i try to cross compile ath5k of compat-wireless for mips.
> i use
> make
> KLIB=/mnt/sda3/linux-kernel
> KLIB_BUILD=/mnt/sda3/linux-kernel
>
> but errors:
>
> config.mk:26:*****missing "endif"........
>
> i used compat-wireless 2.6.38 39 37 ,and error again.
>
> looking forward for your help.

There is not enough information in your post. What is the version of
the kernel you are compiling for? What is the exact version of
compat-wireless (the filename you downloaded)? What is the version of make?

I tried to reproduce your problem with compat-wireless-2.6.39-1-sn
compiling to Linux 2.6.24 with GNU make 3.8.1, but could not reproduce it.

Pavel Roskin

2011-07-19 03:18:25

by Pavel Roskin

Quoting JJLee <[email protected]>:

> maybe your corss compile gcc not support elseif keywords

Please don't top-post. Top-posting kills an intelligent discussion.

>>> config.mk:26:*****missing "endif"........

If you actually read the text you quoted you would have realized that
the message comes from the make program that fails to interpret
config.mk. The compiler is not involved at this stage.

There is no "elseif" or even "elsif" anywhere in
compat-wireless-2.6.39, and if GNU make failed to understand a
keyword, it would have reported it differently:

$ cat makefile
ifeq (0,0)
elseif
$ make
makefile:2: *** missing separator. Stop.

BSD make would stop of the first like of the compat-wireless Makefile
without even getting to config.mk:

$ bmake
bmake: "/home/proski/src/compat-wireless-2.6.39-1-sn/Makefile" line 1:
Need an operator

Pavel Roskin