2011-07-25 14:59:51

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: Support for Realtek 8188RU Chipset in rtl8192cu driver?

On 07/25/2011 06:47 AM, Lubomir Schmidt wrote:
> What distribution did you mean?
>
> The old AWUS036H had the Realtek 8187L, yes. Then there came out before nearly
> an year the AWUS036NH and the AWUS036NEH. Both base on the Ralink 3070L Chipset
> and have till today the best range of all devices on the market.
> Now Alfa release the AWUS036NHR with the Realtek 8188RU and the AWUS036NHA with
> an Atheros AR9271.
>
> Last year i helped to get support for the Ralink Chipsets in the 2800usb driver.
> I got white papers and so on from the chipsets and the driver developer could
> connect to an laptop running 24/7 and make tests with the device.
>
> How can i help to get support? What distribution did you prefere on the notebook
> to connect to?

If you keep dropping the Cc'd recipients, I will not answer your Emails! Note, I
also included linux-wireless here.

I do not care what distribution you use. I can use any. As the driver from the
Realtek web site
(ftp://WebUser:[email protected]/cn/wlan/RTL8188RU_linux_v3.0.2164.20110715.zip)
is only for kernel 2.6.38 or later, it would be better if I had a kernel that
new; however, I could backport the system to an older one if necessary.

As I downloaded the Realtek driver while composing this Email, I need to look at
the driver before making any commitment.

Larry