2012-01-29 19:11:34

by Andres Cimmarusti

Subject: hardware donation

Hi Linux wireless developers,

I have an unused Realtek wireless mini-pci card for use in laptops.
It's advertised under linux as:

PCI: 10EC:8172 Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SEvB Wireless
LAN Controller

I recently changed it for an Intel one and now I have no use for it. I
was wondering if I can donate it to you, the developers, so that it
can be used for testing. I had trouble with it : frequently dropped
connections.

Where should I send it?

Best Regards,

Andres Cimmarusti

2012-01-29 19:37:56

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: hardware donation

On 01/29/2012 01:11 PM, Andres Cimmarusti wrote:
> Hi Linux wireless developers,
>
> I have an unused Realtek wireless mini-pci card for use in laptops.
> It's advertised under linux as:
>
> PCI: 10EC:8172 Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SEvB Wireless
> LAN Controller
>
> I recently changed it for an Intel one and now I have no use for it. I
> was wondering if I can donate it to you, the developers, so that it
> can be used for testing. I had trouble with it : frequently dropped
> connections.
>
> Where should I send it?

I would be happy to add it to my collection. I'll send you my address in a
separate email.

Larry