2012-03-12 20:10:23

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: Linux Kernel /staging/rtl8192e network module

On 03/12/2012 01:13 PM, althaser wrote:

> debian sid here
>
> $ lsmod |grep 8192
> rtl8192se 74082 0
> rtlwifi 81350 1 rtl8192se
> mac80211 192768 2 rtlwifi,rtl8192se

I put my RTL8192E in my computer, and using kernel 3.3-rc6, I got both rtl8192se
and r8192e_pci loaded as expected, with r8192e_pci active. The bad news is that
the driver got broken since the last time I tested it. I'm not the maintainer,
and only acquired one of the cards when I discovered the PCI ID overlap with
rtl8192se, which I do maintain.

I will try to bisect the driver to see what might be wrong.

The main difference between our two systems is the user-space components. My
system is running version 173 of udevd, which is likely the component in question.

You should be able to blacklist rtl8192se and rtlwifi to get r8192e_pci working.
Let me know if 3.2.9 works. Mine is unable to authenticate with 3.3-rc6.

Larry