2012-04-27 16:11:20

by Larry Finger

Subject: question about SPI hardware

Christian and others,

The openSUSE kernel packagers are getting rid of all CONFIG options that are
restricted to embedded hardware. Are there any examples of SPI devices that run
off an SD or similar interface on general hardware? In particular, I am thinking
about p54spi, but knowledge of other devices would be helpful.

Thanks,

Larry

2012-04-27 23:02:04

by Christian Lamparter

Subject: Re: question about SPI hardware

On Friday 27 April 2012 18:11:12 Larry Finger wrote:
> The openSUSE kernel packagers are getting rid of all CONFIG options
> that are restricted to embedded hardware. Are there any examples of
> SPI devices that run off an SD or similar interface on general
> hardware? In particular, I am thinking about p54spi, but knowledge
> of other devices would be helpful.
There's the Sagrad's SG901-1049. But as far as I know this module
does not work "out-of-the-box" with the driver either. So yeah, I
don't think anyone would mind.

Regards,
Christian