2012-06-01 18:00:48

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: R: I: RTL8187 driver in linux 3.4

On 06/01/2012 11:45 AM, Jacopo Runchi wrote:
> Hi, thanks for your answer.
>> From what I was able to understand, the old driver uses the ieee8011 stack,
> and the new uses the mac80211.
> Since I'm neither a newbie, nor an expert, I don't know if the sentence has
> a real meaning...
>
> The try about the rate has already been tested. No changes locking it. Same
> results with the automatic rate, with rate 1 mbps and with 54 mbps...
> Maybe I can send you the device id in lsusb, this evening or during the next
> days, since now I flashed the old 2.4 release and I need to reflash the
> device with the new kernel.
>
> For what concern the "PID rate-setting algorithm" setting "CONFIG_EXPERT=y"
> I don't know anything...
> I'm going to search for it on the net and I will try it too.

Is lsusb not available in the 2.4 system?

DO NOT DROP the wireless list from the Cc. Doing so converts the exchange back
to a private one, and I will ignore further messages if you do that. It is also
better if you bottom post. That way a reader can go through the background material.

The 2.4 driver used its own built-in softmac 802.11 stack. Mac80211 is a
replacement for it. Although mac80211 has a great deal more functionality, they
generally do the same things.

Larry