2012-11-19 22:19:29

by Mario De Chenno

Subject: brcmsmac crash/disconects

Hi all,
I cannot succeed getting a decent wireless connection with a Samsung 305U1A
netbook.
Wireless card is a Broadcom 4313. The card has been just in-warranty
replaced but the issue still persists. Windows7 connection is stable, as it
was before card replacement.
OS is Slackware Linux 14. I tried stock kernel 3.2.29, then compiled 3.4.18,
and finally latest compat-wireless sources (3.6.6). The issue is always the
same: dmesg show timeouts and a driver crash.
Sometimes I can associate with AP and navigate, but after a while connection
drops and stays disconnected until reboot.
I attach logs and configuration (with compat-3.6.6 modules). Let me know if
I can help further.
Mario De Chenno
--

________________________________

Mario De Chenno
Tel: +39 347 1800708
Fax: +39 178 2209178
e-mail: [email protected]

--

________________________________

Mario De Chenno
Tel: +39 347 1800708
Fax: +39 178 2209178
e-mail: [email protected]

Attachments:
dmesg-compat366-networkmanager.txt (84.85 kB)
dmesg-compat366-wpasupplicant.txt (68.23 kB)
if-iw-config.txt (4.28 kB)
lspci-lsmod-modinfo.txt (16.42 kB)
supplicant.log (94.26 kB)
wpa_supplicant.conf (291.00 B)

by Piotr Haber

Subject: Re: brcmsmac crash/disconects

On 11/20/12 23:30, Mario De Chenno wrote:
> Here I am.
> I attach some more logs. I also applied the patch, ran make install
> and reboot (twice), but /sys/kernel/debug is empty.
> Maybe do I miss a dependency? You can also take a look at my kernel's .config.
> Let me know,
> Mario

Hi,

thanks for detailed info,
you need to be root to see contents of /sys/kernel/debug

Kind regards
Piotr

2012-11-20 22:31:05

by Mario De Chenno

--

________________________________

Mario De Chenno
Tel: +39 347 1800708
Fax: +39 178 2209178
e-mail: [email protected]

Attachments:
brcmsmac-info.tar.gz (57.29 kB)

2012-11-20 07:15:07

by Piotr Haber

On 11/19/12 23:10, Mario De Chenno wrote:
> Hi all,
> I cannot succeed getting a decent wireless connection with a Samsung 305U1A
> netbook.
> Wireless card is a Broadcom 4313. The card has been just in-warranty
> replaced but the issue still persists. Windows7 connection is stable, as it
> was before card replacement.
> OS is Slackware Linux 14. I tried stock kernel 3.2.29, then compiled
> 3.4.18, and finally latest compat-wireless sources (3.6.6). The issue is
> always the same: dmesg show timeouts and a driver crash.
> Sometimes I can associate with AP and navigate, but after a while
> connection drops and stays disconnected until reboot.
> I attach logs and configuration (with compat-3.6.6 modules). Let me know if
> I can help further.
> Mario De Chenno

Hi Mario,

thanks for detailed info, could you do 'lspci -vnn'?
And even more helpful would be applying attached patch and
sending us contents of /sys/kernel/debug/brcmsmac/bcma0:0/hardware.
Can you do that?

Kind regards
Piotr

Attachments:
0001-brcmsmac-hardware-info-in-debugfs.patch (7.98 kB)