2012-12-12 15:12:12

by Srinivasan B

Subject: 802.11h DFS support

Hi,
I was looking for the DFS support in
mac80211/cfg80211/nl80211/hostapd and observed that the latest
wireless-testing kernel & hostapd.git does not include support for 802.11h.

I also referred few patches submitted by Victor Goldenshtein
which had support for entire DFS operation basing wireless-testing
kernel. As per my understanding these patches are presently getting
modified to support new channel-context modifications.

Could someone confirm if I am right at my understanding.

Thanks & regards,
Srinivasan

2012-12-13 09:51:43

by Simon Wunderlich

Subject: Re: 802.11h DFS support

Hello Srinivasan,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 08:32:35PM +0530, Srinivasan B wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking for the DFS support in
> mac80211/cfg80211/nl80211/hostapd and observed that the latest
> wireless-testing kernel & hostapd.git does not include support for
> 802.11h.

that's correct.

> I also referred few patches submitted by Victor Goldenshtein
> which had support for entire DFS operation basing wireless-testing
> kernel. As per my understanding these patches are presently getting
> modified to support new channel-context modifications.
>
> Could someone confirm if I am right at my understanding.

Yup. Actually I picked up Victors patchset and doing the channel context
rework right now, and plan to send a revised patchset for nl80211/mac80211
soon.

"Entire" DFS operation is not entirely correct. There will still be quite
a few bits missing:

* driver support - some drivers like ath9k have something prepared, but
it still needs to be integrated
* ETSI/FCC support has to be verified for the different drivers
* testing, of course

Cheers,
Simon

Attachments: