2013-03-18 18:20:28

by vishnu

Subject: Re: problem connecting to AP on new kernel (disassociating continuously after associating ) . Can some one please comment on the issue I am facing

Jussi Kivilinna <jussi.kivilinna@...> writes:

> On 15.03.2013 15:29, vishnu wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > driver used : rtl8192cu
> >
> > When I tested with my linux kernel 3.0 , I didn't have any problems
connecting
> > to AP. But with kernel 3.6.8 , I had a problem . When I tested with 3.7.8
also I
> > am facing the same problem. This is the latest kernel used by latest release
of
> > buildroot , so I didn't test any kernels after that version.
> >
> > The authentication and association are fine but from some reason it is
> > disassociating after that and it keeps repeating it and it never connects to
the
> > AP.
> >

> Have you tested this patch: http://marc.info/?l=linux-
wireless&m=136318849815054&w=2

> It solves re-association issues that rtl8192cu had.
>
> -Jussi

Hello Jussi,

I have applied the patch to kernel 3.7.8 and it doesn't fix my issue. I have
started testing the latest 3.9.0-rc2 version. I will let you know once I have
tested.

Thanks,
Vishnu.

2013-03-18 18:30:00

by Larry Finger

On 03/18/2013 01:20 PM, vishnu wrote:

> Hello Jussi,
>
> I have applied the patch to kernel 3.7.8 and it doesn't fix my issue. I have
> started testing the latest 3.9.0-rc2 version. I will let you know once I have
> tested.

Please be aware that the patch is not in 3.9-rc2 from Linus's git tree (yet),
but it is in the wireless-testing git repo.

Larry