2013-03-20 03:13:44

by Hammad Malik

Subject: Wifi rate adaption code in Broadcom

Hello All,

In BCM4330 where is the WiFi rate adaption code?

Depending on the chipset and functionality of specific algorithms,
rate adaption tends to be implemented either in the firmware or the
device drivers. But I was not able to exactly determine where this
happens in the case of BCM4330.

I need to refer to the Rate Adaptation Algorithm for a part of my
Senior Year Project. Please help. Thanks in advance.

--
Hammad Malik

2013-03-20 17:40:57

by Franky Lin

Subject: Re: Wifi rate adaption code in Broadcom

On 03/19/2013 08:13 PM, Hammad Malik wrote:
> In BCM4330 where is the WiFi rate adaption code?
>
> Depending on the chipset and functionality of specific algorithms,
> rate adaption tends to be implemented either in the firmware or the
> device drivers. But I was not able to exactly determine where this
> happens in the case of BCM4330.

4330 is a fullmac dongle so this happens in the firmware.

-Franky