2013-04-03 07:39:42

by Ricardo

Subject: [ath5k][802.11p] Deactivate beacon

My name is Ricardo Tubío and I am currently trying to use GCDC patches for the
'ath5k' driver in order to meet IEEE 802.11p automotive requirements. I would
like to know if somebody has either a patch for deactivating the beacon or can
help me in locating the code where the beacon is implemented.

Thank you very much in advance.

2013-04-05 09:45:08

by Nick Kossifidis

Subject: Re: [ath5k][802.11p] Deactivate beacon

On Wed Apr 3 23:56:46 2013, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 3 April 2013 00:30, Ricardo Tubío <[email protected]> wrote:
>> My name is Ricardo Tubío and I am currently trying to use GCDC patches for the
>> 'ath5k' driver in order to meet IEEE 802.11p automotive requirements. I would
>> like to know if somebody has either a patch for deactivating the beacon or can
>> help me in locating the code where the beacon is implemented.
>
> Where are these patches hiding?
>
> I've just been sent a couple of unex cards to implement 802.11p on FreeBSD.
> So I'd like to see what the current state of the art with ath5k is.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Adrian

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/80154

2013-04-03 20:56:48

by Adrian Chadd

On 3 April 2013 00:30, Ricardo Tub?o <[email protected]> wrote:
> My name is Ricardo Tub?o and I am currently trying to use GCDC patches for the
> 'ath5k' driver in order to meet IEEE 802.11p automotive requirements. I would
> like to know if somebody has either a patch for deactivating the beacon or can
> help me in locating the code where the beacon is implemented.

Where are these patches hiding?

I've just been sent a couple of unex cards to implement 802.11p on FreeBSD.
So I'd like to see what the current state of the art with ath5k is.

Thanks!

Adrian

2013-04-05 09:53:31

by Adrian Chadd

.. so all they do is switch beacons off? The rest of it is just raw
frames and doing channel switching from userland?

Adrian

2013-04-03 18:21:35

by Jonathan Bither

Ricardo,
I have not looked at the GCDC patches yet, but it would probably be
best to implement another nl80211_iftype as "NL80211_IFTYPE_WAVE" for
example.