2013-04-30 18:02:25

by Adrian Chadd

Subject: Announcement: AR5513 HAL

Hi,

I've just pushed a copy of the AR5513 HAL from Qualcomm Atheros into
the QCA github repository.

https://github.com/qca/qca-ar5513-hal

The AR5513 is a 2-antenna MIMO 11abg (not 11n) device that was sold
into a few markets. As far as I'm aware, it's the only legacy PCI(e)
chipset which the open source Atheros drivers are missing support for.

The HAL is from an earlier development effort, before things had fully
migrated to using a Madwifi derivative. Thus, the HAL API isn't
(easily) compatible with the Madwifi or FreeBSD Atheros driver code.
However, it should be sufficient to bring up chipset support for the
AR5513 in ath5k.

We've opened this up in the hope that the opensource crowd will add
support to ath5k for this chipset.

Thanks,

Adrian

2013-05-01 00:06:12