2013-09-05 11:33:29

by Abbas Chunawala

Subject: Error:ACS not working even after the Makefile and the configuration options are set.

Hi,
Greetings.

No ACS prints.
Instead an error
ath0 : IEEE 802.11 : Fetching channel rate/frequency not supported
The channel variable is set right in the configuration file.
How to get the acs prints.
The command for the hostapd invocation is a s follows:-
hostapd -B /tmp/secath0 -dd -e /etc/wpa2/entropy.

Thanks
Regards
Abbas Chunawala
(System Level Solutions (I) Pvt. Ltd. )

2013-09-05 14:01:09

by Jonathan Bither

On 09/05/2013 07:33 AM, Abbas Chunawala wrote:
> Hi,
> Greetings.
>
> No ACS prints.
> Instead an error
> ath0 : IEEE 802.11 : Fetching channel rate/frequency not supported
^ You seem to be using the driver MadWiFi instead of Ath5k based upon
the interface name. MadWiFi is deprecated in support of the Ath5k driver.

You need to blacklist MadWiFi first before loading Ath5k.