2013-09-18 13:18:17

by Xose Vazquez Perez

Subject: Re: RT3573 wpa_supplicant: "nl80211: Delete station $my_ap" after "SME: Send 20/40 BSS Coexistence to $my_ap"

Peter Stuge wrote:

> I'm testing the WNDA4100 with torvalds/linux.git and as of a day or
> two ago and wpa_supplicant-2.0.
>
> I haven't measured throughput. Latency is really bad for interactive
> connections, but at least the packets are flowing on all bands. Yay!
>
> Ping to the access point is around 3 ms with the odd 20+ ms when the
> kernel goes off to do something else.

Support for RT3573 was added recently, you should use wireless-next:
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-next.git

You can also try latest fw(v0.33):
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/pipermail/users_rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/attachments/20130111/f8ebe4d3/attachment.bin

md5sum:
======
ac4f6d8b679945208a978e397c016aa7 rt2870.bin (8192 bytes)

# mv /lib/firmware/rt2870.bin /lib/firmware/rt2870.bin.orig
# mv attachment.bin /lib/firmware/rt2870.bin

2013-09-18 15:42:38

by Peter Stuge

Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> > I'm testing the WNDA4100 with torvalds/linux.git and as of a day or
> > two ago and wpa_supplicant-2.0.
> >
> > I haven't measured throughput. Latency is really bad for interactive
> > connections, but at least the packets are flowing on all bands. Yay!
> >
> > Ping to the access point is around 3 ms with the odd 20+ ms when the
> > kernel goes off to do something else.
>
> Support for RT3573 was added recently, you should use wireless-next:
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-next.git

I made a typo in my first email - it should have read:

"I'm testing the WNDA4100 with torvalds/linux.git as of a day or two ago"

I am on linux.git commit d8efd82eece89f8a5790b0febf17522affe9e1f1
which contains commit f212781, current wireless-next/master HEAD.

I also looked on the rt2x00 list for proposed 3573 patches but didn't
see any. I hope I already have the latest code.

Do you suspect that my problem (as described briefly in the email
subject and with more detail after the part of my email which you
quoted) is related to the device driver rather than higher-up parts
of the stack?

> You can also try latest fw(v0.33):
> http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/pipermail/users_rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/attachments/20130111/f8ebe4d3/attachment.bin

Thanks! Will try this and get back to you.

But why isn't this file in linux-firmware.git? Especially if it was
sent already in January?

Kind regards

//Peter

2013-09-19 09:05:12

by Peter Stuge

Peter Stuge wrote:
> I am on linux.git commit d8efd82eece89f8a5790b0febf17522affe9e1f1
> which contains commit f212781, current wireless-next/master HEAD.
..
> Do you suspect that my problem (as described briefly in the email
> subject and with more detail after the part of my email which you
> quoted) is related to the device driver rather than higher-up parts
> of the stack?
..
> > You can also try latest fw(v0.33):
> > http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/pipermail/users_rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/attachments/20130111/f8ebe4d3/attachment.bin
>
> Thanks! Will try this and get back to you.

With the above firmware the problem described briefly in Subject and
in more detail in my original email occurs much more easily, even as
I am actively generating traffic over the interface. It happened
twice while I was composing this very short email.

//Peter