Subject: Probelm on (brcmfmac: use pre-allocated scatter-gather table for txglomming)

Hi

I have a kernel panic on the brcmf_sdiod_sgtable_alloc just because
the function is called before brcmf_sdio_probe.

I think that
nents = max_t(uint, BRCMF_DEFAULT_RXGLOM_SIZE,
sdiodev->bus_if->drvr->settings->sdiod_txglomsz);

drvr is null. Can you explain how it can work or do you have already a
fix for this?

Michael

Hi

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Arend van Spriel
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On 11-03-16 16:23, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a kernel panic on the brcmf_sdiod_sgtable_alloc just because
>> the function is called before brcmf_sdio_probe.
>>
>> I think that
>> nents = max_t(uint, BRCMF_DEFAULT_RXGLOM_SIZE,
>> sdiodev->bus_if->drvr->settings->sdiod_txglomsz);
>>
>> drvr is null. Can you explain how it can work or do you have already a
>> fix for this?
>
> What kernel version are you using? This has been fixed already in
> 4.5-rc2 or rc3.

Ok, I see it I was using rockchip for-next and I have seen now the fix
in newest tree.

Thank you
Michael

--
| Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi Amarula Solutions BV |
| COO - Founder Cruquiuskade 47 |

2016-03-12 07:29:14

by Arend Van Spriel

On 11-03-16 16:23, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a kernel panic on the brcmf_sdiod_sgtable_alloc just because
> the function is called before brcmf_sdio_probe.
>
> I think that
> nents = max_t(uint, BRCMF_DEFAULT_RXGLOM_SIZE,
> sdiodev->bus_if->drvr->settings->sdiod_txglomsz);
>
> drvr is null. Can you explain how it can work or do you have already a
> fix for this?

What kernel version are you using? This has been fixed already in
4.5-rc2 or rc3.

Regards,
Arend

2017-05-28 19:38:01

by Arend Van Spriel

On 11-03-16 16:23, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a kernel panic on the brcmf_sdiod_sgtable_alloc just because
> the function is called before brcmf_sdio_probe.
>
> I think that
> nents = max_t(uint, BRCMF_DEFAULT_RXGLOM_SIZE,
> sdiodev->bus_if->drvr->settings->sdiod_txglomsz);
>
> drvr is null. Can you explain how it can work or do you have already a
> fix for this?

It sounds familiar so what kernel version are you seeing this.

Regards,
Arend

Hi Arend

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Arend van Spriel
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 11-03-16 16:23, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a kernel panic on the brcmf_sdiod_sgtable_alloc just because
>> the function is called before brcmf_sdio_probe.
>>
>> I think that
>> nents = max_t(uint, BRCMF_DEFAULT_RXGLOM_SIZE,
>> sdiodev->bus_if->drvr->settings->sdiod_txglomsz);
>>
>> drvr is null. Can you explain how it can work or do you have already a
>> fix for this?
>
> It sounds familiar so what kernel version are you seeing this.

This should be already sort out 1 year ago ;)

Regards
Michael