2014-09-26 07:27:40

by Sourav

Subject: occasional drops of packets and then recovery

Hi All,
We are using Ralink chip RT3072L (using rt2800usb drivers rt2800usb.c),
mac80211, and hostapd in our routers.
root:~# lsmod
Module Size Used by Tainted: P
rt2800usb 15371 0
rt2800lib 74214 1 rt2800usb
rt2x00usb 9718 1 rt2800usb
rt2x00lib 39328 3 rt2800usb,rt2800lib,rt2x00usb
mac80211 266596 3 rt2800lib,rt2x00usb,rt2x00lib
cfg80211 214073 2 rt2x00lib,mac80211
compat 17406 4 rt2800usb,rt2x00lib,mac80211,cfg80211

when I run iperf server on a PC connected over WiFi to the router, and
send UDP packets to it from another PC connected to the router via
ethernet,I see occasional drops of packets and then recovery......this
phenomena is not seen using TCP packets or if the direction of packets
are reversed(i.e sending packets from WiFi client(running iperf client)
to ethernet client(running iperf server). I have analysed and found that
during the stall phase, the router is not sending packets on the wlan0
interface(so it seems that the driver stops sending packets to wlan0 and
after sometime recovers from this situation).
Can you suggest a root cause for this behaviour?

--
Warm Regards,
Sourav

This communication contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone immediately.