2015-01-22 23:43:23

by Sourav

Subject: iw wlan0 set txpower ...does not work using rt2x00 drivers

Hi All,
I am using rt2x00 drivers for RT3072 chipset.......for changing tx
power, I am issuing "iw wlan0 set txpower fixed <value>".....The command
succeeds(no error from command line).
However the driver is not setting the value of the txpower....can you
explain the logic of tx power setting by the driver and how to verify
the change in txpower?

--
Warm Regards,
Sourav

This communication contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone immediately.

by Stanislaw Gruszka

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:36:39AM +1100, Sourav wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am using rt2x00 drivers for RT3072 chipset.......for changing tx power, I
> am issuing "iw wlan0 set txpower fixed <value>".....The command succeeds(no
> error from command line).
> However the driver is not setting the value of the txpower....can you
> explain the logic of tx power setting by the driver and how to verify the
> change in txpower?

This is chanctx issue, tx power setting does not work at present for drivers
that do not use chanctx. I'm looking for proper fix for this problem ...

Stanislaw