2008-12-20 21:59:12

by Hin-Tak Leung

Subject: false alarm - Re: throughput problem with rtl8187B within last few days (again)?

Hi,

Am really sorry about the false alarm - apparently doing
"mke2fs -c -c " on a USB disk on the same hub does very bad things to the throughput of USB wireless device, or rtl8187 specifically. Normal disk usages (copying large files) has no effect at all, so I guess we'll just have to avoid mke2fs or possibly also e2fsck too often :-).

Hin-Tak