2015-12-24 07:34:56

by Bart Van Assche

Subject: ath9k driver broken since kernel v4.2

Hello,

The ath9k driver drops more than 90% of all packets with Linux kernel
v4.4-rc6 on my laptop. This behavior also occurs with kernel v4.2.
However, with Linux kernel versions v4.1.5 and v3.19.3 the ath9k driver
works fine on the same laptop. Is this report sufficient for one of the
ath9k drivers to look further into this or do you perhaps expect me to
run a bisect ?

Thanks,

Bart.

2015-12-24 07:56:11

by Oleksij Rempel

Subject: Re: ath9k driver broken since kernel v4.2

Hi Bart

Am 24.12.2015 um 08:34 schrieb Bart Van Assche:
> Hello,
>
> The ath9k driver drops more than 90% of all packets with Linux kernel
> v4.4-rc6 on my laptop. This behavior also occurs with kernel v4.2.
> However, with Linux kernel versions v4.1.5 and v3.19.3 the ath9k driver
> works fine on the same laptop. Is this report sufficient for one of the
> ath9k drivers to look further into this or do you perhaps expect me to
> run a bisect ?

Many people using this driver. For example it works fine on my laptop.
Since no body knows why your HW is affected try to use git bisect.

Oleksij

Attachments:
signature.asc (213.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature