2007-12-05 04:39:03

by John H.

Subject: b43 seemingly broken with Fedora (2.6.23.8-63.fc8) kernel

I just upgraded to this kernel but i could never connect to an AP, it
just went on and on and timed out. I had to go back to
2.6.23.1-49.fc8

did something big change?

2007-12-05 09:53:05

by Michael Büsch

On Wednesday 05 December 2007 05:39:02 John H. wrote:
> I just upgraded to this kernel but i could never connect to an AP, it
> just went on and on and timed out. I had to go back to
> 2.6.23.1-49.fc8
>
> did something big change?

Yes, a big bug was introduced that breaks it on some devices.

--
Greetings Michael.

2007-12-05 10:11:59

by John H.

is there a bug in this kernel as well?
2.6.23.1-49.fc8

I can stand right next to the router and Bit Rate=1 Mb/s

sometimes it goes up a little, but barely.
It's a g router and this is a g wireless device.

I try to force bitrate change and it does nothing. I really need it
at 54mb/s because of streaming local network media.