2016-10-30 09:08:08

by Oliver Zemann

Subject: Re: compex wle900vx (ath10k) problem on 4.4.24 / armv7

>> I (naively) went through pci/pm git log and found the following was
>> applied on 4.7-rc2 (i.e. prior to 4.7 release):
>>
>> commit 006d44e49a259b39947366728d65a873a19aadc0
>> Author: Mika Westerberg <[email protected]>
>> Date: Thu Jun 2 11:17:15 2016 +0300
>>
>> PCI: Add runtime PM support for PCIe ports
>>
>> From reading the commit log it seems to me like it could be it.
>>
>> ath10k tries to wake up the device during probing before it starts
>> talking to it and it does so through MMIO/PCI config space. If it's
>> not mapped properly then driver will not be able to wake it up and
>> will timeout waiting for it.
>>
>> Can you try cherry-picking it into your 4.4.24 and see if it helps?
>>

> Thanks for the help!
>
> Until now I did not compile a kernel for the board.
> I will give it a try and come back with the results ...
>

> Best regards,
> Matthias

good news, just got a message from the support with a quote from one
of their developers:
Have the customer that needs support for the ath cards to use this
branch. https://github.com/SolidRun/linux-stable/tree/linux-4.4.y-marvell
note that the device-tree is board specific and for now they should
create a symlink from their board file to armada-388-clearfog.dtb

when i look at the change,
https://github.com/SolidRun/linux-stable/commit/e12aa24ca56ca773b5c59a3cc2915b4e82e6be18
this looks exactly like the problem we had :)

I will try this today.

Regards
Oli