2010-09-03 20:43:56

by Joerg

Subject: Re: mac80211-based commercial router?

Björn Smedman <bjorn.smedman@...> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any commercial router or access point in the market (or
> planned) that uses a mac80211-based driver out of the box?

Android 2.2 comes with AP functionality. Are the Android WLAN drivers mac80211
based?

2010-09-06 05:13:54

by Sushil DUTT

Friends,

I saw in this thread that Athreos Ath9k is based on mac80211. Any idea, from where I can get this development kit? This kit seems perfect for my WLAN solution:)

To give a background about my project,
Our lab has developed a WLAN solution which shows better results(in comaprision of mkt available solutions) in simulation. Now my job is to embedd & prove this solution in a stable hardware environment. I need a platform with SDK which can support both AP & Station. Reference application is highly desirable to reduce my development time.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Thanks & Regards,
Sushil Dutt
Centre for Communications Engineering Research
School of Engineering
Edith Cowan University
100 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027, Australia.
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5318 or (61 8) 6304 5458